(Last updated 03. March 2016)
- Information about us
- Website use
- Use of Website from outside the UK
- Intellectual property and use of content
- Uploading content
- Linked sites
- Linking to the Website
- Your Account and Password
- Restricted access
1. Information about us
These terms and conditions cover your use of www.projectart.com (the "Website") on which you, as buyer, are able to purchase artwork directly from artists.
Project Art-The Social Arts Market™ is operated by The Social Arts Market Limited (the "Social Arts Market", "us", "we"), a company registered in England and Wales with company number: 09724795 and registered address 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, England, WC1N 3AX.
2. Website use
- 2.1 By using or accessing the Website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions,
If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use this Website and you must exit immediately.
Please note that if you buy art or sell art on the Website, our Artist Terms or
Buyer Terms will apply, and take precedence over these Website terms and conditions in the event of any conflict.
- 2.2 We may at any time and without prior notice to you replace or amend these terms and conditions. Your continued use of this Website after amendments are made means you accept the terms and conditions as updated. Therefore, please visit this page regularly to review these terms and conditions.
- 2.3 You may not alter the Website in any way or do anything that might or will damage or disrupt the good working order of the Website.
- 3.1 Whilst we aim to provide you with accurate information on this Website, we are unable to guarantee, represent or warrant that the information and content contained on the Website is accurate, verified, up to date or complete.
- 3.2 We accept no liability if you or any person or organisation relies on or uses the information and/or content.
- 3.3 We may update our Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- 3.4 Nothing in these Website Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer when purchasing artwork on Project Art.
4. Use of Website from outside the UK
Whilst we welcome all visitors to this Website, we cannot guarantee that the Website is appropriate or available for use in any territory. Those who visit the Website from outside the UK are responsible for complying with all applicable laws. If use of the Website breaches any law in your jurisdiction(s), you may not use the Website and you must exit immediately.
5. Intellectual property and use of content
- 5.1 The content of the Website is owned by us or third parties, such as the artists who list artwork on our website. Those works are protected by international copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- 5.2 Please note that in no circumstances may you use any content, including but not limited to graphics, trade marks, logos, designs, images or photographs from the Website, except with our prior written consent.
- 5.3 Please send your written requests to use content from the Website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Uploading content
7. Linked sites
We make no representations whatsoever about any other websites. When you access any other website through the Website you understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over that website and can accept no responsibility in relation to its content, availability of that website, the services offered through it, or the way you interact with it.
8. Linking to the Website
You may link to any part of this Website provided you ensure that by doing so you breach no law or rights of others, and that the linking to this Website does not suggest any association, patronage, approval or endorsement, except with our prior written consent.
9. Your Account and Password
- 9.1 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- 9.2 We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
- 9.3 If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
10. Restricted access
- 10.1 Access to parts of the Website is restricted to authorised persons. If you believe you have been granted access to any document or file by mistake, please leave the restricted section immediately and contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- 11.1 We cannot guarantee that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Website or your use of it will be free of viruses or harmful material. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer and computer system is suitable to use, and compatible with, the Website.
- 11.3 Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 11.4 It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer system (including, but not limited to, your hardware, software and data) is not damaged by your use of the Website. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- 12.1 We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- 12.2 You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer program and platform in order to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- 12.3 You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We reserve the right to report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
- 13.1 If any provision or term of these terms and conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from the other terms and conditions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them.
- 13.2 Failure or delay by either party enforcing an obligation or exercising a right under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that obligation or right.
English law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts will apply to these terms and conditions, save where you live in any other part of the United Kingdom, in which case the law and courts of that place shall apply.
You can contact us by writing to us at email@example.com or 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, England, WC1N 3AX.