(Last updated 25. May 2018)
- Information we may collect from you
- Where we store your personal data
- Uses made of the information
- Disclosure of your information
- Your rights
- IP Addresses
- Cookies Policy
1.1 The Project Art-The Social Arts Market™ website www.projectart.com
(the “Website”) is owned and operated by The Social Arts Market Limited
(the “Social Arts Market”, “us”, “we”),
a company registered in England and Wales with company number: 09724795 and registered address 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, England, WC1N 3AX.
1.2 The Social Arts Market is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with any documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. Information we may collect from you
2.1 We may collect information from you online in the following ways:
- (a) our use of Google Analytics cookies (please see the cookies section below);
- (b) use of our Project Art analytics
- (c) your application for registration;
- (d) your purchase/sale of artwork;
- (e) your listing of artwork;
- (f) your profile;
- (g) your request for information;
- (h) your contacting us with enquiries or other correspondence;
- (i) your posting of comments on to the Website.
2.2 If you take one of the steps mentioned above, we may collect and process personal information about you such as:
- (a) your name, address, email address and other contact information;
- (b) your payment information;
- (c) information you enter onto the Website;
- (d) records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us;
- (e) details of your visit to the site;
- (f) other details relevant to your registration or profile and artwork.
3. Where we store your personal data
3.1 The data we collect from you is initially being stored on secure servers in Germany, within the European Economic Area (EEA). As part of the payment and shipping services you have access to on our platform, parts of the information you provide to us may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA. It may also be processed by persons operating outside of the EEA who work for us or whom we work with. If we do send your personal data outside the EEA we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient implements appropriate measures to protect your information.
4. Uses made of the information
5. Disclosure of your information
5.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal date in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of The Social Arts Market, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of anti-money laundering legislation and credit risk reduction.
6. Your rights
6.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
6.2 You have the right to request a copy of all the data we have collected from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of your data.
You have the right to have deleted all the data we have collected from you. If you would like all of your data to be permanently deleted please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that your account will then no longer be available.
6.3 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. IP Addresses
7.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket;
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website to show video content on our blog, for example Google. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The table below is designed to provide more information about the cookies we use and why:
|Name of cookie
||Purpose for the cookie
||The Social Arts Market
||We use this for improving the user experience on the website
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to:
www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.